Thursday, December 11, 2008

Safe Fiber Muffin in response to my lovely niece.

http://cmsmgsjts.blogspot.com/ posted a deathly dangerous 5 minute chocolate cake... well, I don't think for me, that's the best idea.  Did I mention I'm trying to do better than that?  I love you dear niece but for the rest of us, here's a healthy alternative taken from Diabetes Discussions.com:  The notes at the bottom are not from me...oh and at my last post I said 2lbs. down.  I'm now 5 lbs down!!!  Whoop Whoop Whoop!

The One Min. Muffin (12 grams of fiber)

1/4 cup flax seed mill (grind in a coffee machine)
1 egg
1/4 teaspon baking powder
1 dash of salt
1 package of splenda

mix together and place into microwave for 1 minute. I have some Pamper Chef glass little bowls, I put my mix in. Any microwaveable dish will do. Reminder: the smaller the container, the muffin becomes more heavy. The bigger the fluffier.

I dont put sugar. I replace with some honey, cinn., nutmeg.
Also put sunflowers seeds, sliced almonds and dried cranberries. 
My son likes choc. chip in his.

You can also make it savory.
The sky is the limit. 
I have a friend who puts, ham, cheese and chives with some herbs.

The first time I made this, I had to cut it into 4ths and ate it thru out the day. If your nt use to alot of fiber, take it slow because you could have problems at the bathroom. 
Enjoy.. Let me know how things go....

1 comment:

Cassandra, James and Madison& Eli said...

HAHA Nice. I know some ofmy friends enjoyed the cake but I will have to try the muffin, although I don't have a coffee grinder.Any ideas?